OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTH & SAFETY
The health and safety of our patients is of paramount importance. We have followed the recommendations of the ADA, CDA and CDC and carefully implemented a best-in-class operating standard at our practice in response to (SARS-2-COVID-19).
The following plan documents our office policies and procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our mission is to protect our staff and patients from the impact of all illness or transmission and ensure a safe, secure environment for everyone.
All Staff is tested with PCR test and confirmed NEGATIVE for Covid-19
All Staff wears:
- 2 N95 Masks at ALL times
- Respirators during any kind of drilling as well as Stryker surgical hoods
- 2 gowns Regular /Autoclavable and disposable
- 360 degree shields
- Hats covering their hair and additional disposable hats.
- Booties covering their feet and that of incoming patients
OFFICE CLEANING PROTOCOLS AND OPERATIONS
- Office is cleaned with Medical disinfecting wipes between all patients. This includes the front office, all counters, handles, buttons, clipboards, pens, keypads, bathroom keys, and so forth.
- The office has installed an air purification system with filters into the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system commonly used in hospital HVAC systems.
- Individual treatment rooms have Medical Grade H13 air purifiers.
- We have had for years and still utilize Isolite extraoral dental suctions units, in each treatment room, that control aerosols at the source. We use them to protect the patient from airborne contaminants. In addition, we have added intraoral dental suction units that go over each tooth to further control aerosols.
- PPE is changed between each patient.
- We are seeing patients one at the time. Each operatory is sanitized between patients (covers are changed on chairs, suctions counters, handpieces, curing lights and pretty much any surface and piece of equipment used).
- Waiting room is sanitized between patients including counters, doorknobs, keypads, counters etc.
- Each patient has to rinse with Peroxide solution following with Chlorohexedine, for 2 min, to minimize pathogens.
- We have privatized each treatment room so that it is completely closed off from the rest of the office.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to conduct a health screening that will be repeated at the time of your appointment.
- We are REQUIRING that our patients are Covid-19 tested prior to their appointments.
- We are REQUIRING that patients get Covid-19 PCR test if they have traveled prior to their visit to our office.
- At the time of your appointment, your temperature will be taken with a contact-free thermometer, and if it is above 100.4 degrees, we require that you reschedule your appointment. This protocol will also be required by all team members. We will check your oxygen levels as well.
- We require that you come to your appointment wearing a face covering as mandated by L.A. County. If a patient is a minor only one parent or caregiver is allowed.
- Our reception area will no longer offer magazines or snacks, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect. We will offer water upon request.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.